Seattle Car Accident FAQs

Q: When should you report a Seattle automobile accident?

A: In Seattle, all motor vehicle accidents should be reported to the proper law enforcement authorities immediately. The sooner you can report the accident the better and in most situations, you should wait until the police arrive before leaving the scene of the accident.

Q: Where do I go to make an accident report in Seattle, Washington?

A: You can make an accident report at any Seattle, Washington District Police Station or Headquarters, as long as your accident happened within the City and County of Seattle, Washington.

Q: I was involved in a car accident a few days ago, should I see a doctor even if I do not think I am injured?

A: Yes! You should always see a doctor after being involved in a Seattle car accident. Some injuries can take weeks and even months before becoming apparent. Prompt medical attention is the key to preventing seemingly minor injuries from becoming chronic and lifelong. Also, any injuries sustained in a Seattle car accident should be reported and filed in your claim so that you can receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.

Q: What type of compensation will I receive if I have been involved in a Seattle car accident?


A: Each accident and case is different, and therefore, the compensation you receive will be unique. Many factors determine how much compensation you will receive, including who was at fault for the accident, was their alcohol or drug impairment at the time, and more. If you are not at fault for the accident, you will be reimbursed for any property damage that occurred as a result of the accident, and if your car is deemed a total loss, you will receive the fair market value of your car.

Should you have any injuries as a result of your accident, then you are entitled to compensation for any medical bills and ongoing expenses, as well as other expenses you incurred because of your accident, such as lost wages.

Q: I was involved in a Seattle car accident and I have insurance, do I still need an attorney?

A: Yes! You should always contact a Seattle car accident attorney. The insurance agents and insurance companies are always going to try to pay out the minimum. For you to receive the maximum compensation for any property damage sustained, injuries, and emotional pain and suffering, contact a Seattle car crash attorney as soon as possible. A Seattle car accident attorney will be able to negotiate with both your insurance company and the other driver’s insurance company to make sure you receive complete compensation after your accident.

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.