Questions and Answers about Seattle DUI Accidents

Q: My 25-year-old daughter has recently been carpooling from her job in downtown Seattle along with a neighbor girl who often wants to “stop for a beer” on the way home. I’m worried about a DUI. What can I tell my daughter to help sober her up?

A: You can tell your daughter that from the same set of statistics it can be inferred that even non-drinking passengers riding in cars with alcohol-impaired drivers are far more likely to be involved in fatal accidents than drivers or passengers in “sober” cars. You might recommend that your daughter choose her carpool partners very carefully or voice her concerns with the driver.

Q: Last night, while he was driving home from his second job at a warehouse in the Seattle area, my husband was hit by a drunk driver… He’s in the hospital with serious injuries. What should I do now?

A: The most important first step is always to address the physical and mental health of anyone involved in the accident, and everyone in the affected family. If you have a loved one in the hospital following an accident with a drunk driver, you should call a Seattle drunk driving attorney to help assess your options and seek relief from the life-affecting consequences of an accident involving a drunk driver. Your husband’s injuries may require long-term care, multiple surgeries, or rehabilitation. Compensation will be needed to prevent major medical bills from destroying your finances and your future.

Q: Recently, our neighbor’s teenage son hosted a wild party while his parents were gone. Leaving the party, one of his guests sideswiped our family’s car and also badly damaged my husband’s motorcycle, causing thousands of dollars in damage. We took photos of his car as it left, and all the damage, but the boy left before the Seattle police arrived. The parents have returned, but neither they nor their son are helping. What can we do?

A: When you are injured or your property is damaged by the actions of a drunk driver in the Seattle, Washington area, you should first contact the police and paramedics or other healthcare personnel as appropriate. In addition, you should preserve evidence through taking photographs and recording any other information which may later help the authorities. Finally, you should contact a Seattle, Washington drunk driving lawyer to help you recover from this incident and see the compensation you deserve.

Q: I was rear-ended by a Seattle drunk driver who left the scene but was arrested after he caused a second accident a few minutes later. Now my neck hurts, but I don’t want to go to a doctor because I don’t have health insurance. What can I do?

A: Although you may not have health insurance, you should visit a doctor as soon as possible to treat any long term injuries resulting from your accident. During the difficult economic conditions over the past couple of years, many people have been without insurance.

Yet, if you have been hurt in a Seattle accident caused by an alcohol-impaired driver, you should immediately begin the process to seek relief for your pain and any financial pressures after your accident. A Seattle drunk driving attorney can help by assessing the circumstances of the accident and advising you of your available options, including helping you seek relief from the financial pressures you have been facing. A medical diagnosis can go a long way in helping your Seattle drunk driving lawyer obtain the compensation you need to pay for medical expenses—even if you are uninsured.

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.